Are you looking for a deliciously creamy side dish to accompany your steak dinner? If so, you don’t need to look any further than Capital Grille Restaurant’s Creamed Spinach.
Creamed Spinach is a classic dish to enjoy with steak, and the version served at Capital Grille takes it to a whole new level. This succulent treat combines velvety cream, fresh spinach and subtly spiced Parmesan cheese for an unforgettable taste.
If you’ve ever wanted to make creamed spinach like the kind they serve at Capital Grille, now you can. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can recreate their famous creamed spinach right in your home kitchen!
Capital Grille Creamed Spinach Recipe
Capital Grille’s Creamed Spinach is a classic dish that can be enjoyed with steak or any other main course. Now, you can make this delicious side dish right in your own kitchen with this easy-to-follow recipe!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the flour and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Gradually add the cream, stirring constantly until smooth.
4. Add the garlic powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally .
6. Add the spinach and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
7. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
8. Serve warm with your favorite steak or main course dish. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a thicker sauce, add an additional tablespoon of flour.
- For a richer flavor, substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream.
- You can also use fresh spinach instead of frozen, if desired. Just be sure to cook it until wilted before adding it to the sauce.
- If you like your creamed spinach extra cheesy, feel free to add more Parmesan cheese.
This Capital Grille Creamed Spinach recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Serve it as a side dish for steak, chicken, or any other main course. It’s also great as an appetizer or even as a dip for chips and crackers. No matter how you serve it, this creamy spinach dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Learn more on campfire recipes: