It’s time to take your cooking skills to the next level! With this Campfire Cake Recipe, you’ll be able to make a delicious cake in just a few minutes. All you need is some flour, sugar, chocolate chips, and butter.
Campfire cakes are a delicious camping dessert. It’s essentially a graham cracker crust with chocolate and marshmallow. You can add anything you want to the filling, but we recommend using your favorite ice cream flavors.
This moist and rich cake is quick to make and easy to bring along on your next camping trip. You can even make it using a campfire or grill by following the recipe below.
Campfire Cake Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or whole vanilla bean)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×13 inch pan by greasing it with butter or shortening and dusting the inside with flour.
2. Combine the eggs, butter, vanilla, and all but 1 cup of the sugar, beating until creamy with an electric mixer on high.
3. Sift the remaining one cup of sugar with the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add this mixture to your egg mixture (along with any optional ingredients you would like) and beat on low to medium speed until combined and smooth.
4. Spread evenly in your prepared pan.
5. Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (I also like to use a thermometer and bake it at 300 degrees until the temperature is 200 Fahrenheit.)
6. Remove from oven and cool for about 20 minutes.
7. Cut into squares and enjoy!
How to Make Campfire Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9×13 inch pan by greasing it with butter or shortening, dusting the inside with flour.
2. Combine eggs, butter, vanilla extract and all but 1 cup of the sugar in a bowl.
3. Mix until smooth.
4. Sift the remaining one cup of sugar with the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add this mixture to your egg mixture and beat on low to medium speed until combined.
5. Stir in optional ingredients (chocolate chips, marshmallows… and mix until combined.
6. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool for about 20 minutes, cut into squares and enjoy!)
Having a campfire doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice good food or comfort. This campfire cake recipe is a great example of good food that only takes minutes to cook. You can make several batches of this cake and then serve them throughout the day, letting everyone have their own warm piece of cake as needed.
I hope you enjoyed this campfire cake-making process. If you liked this recipe, feel free to share it with your friends.
To know more about campfire recipes: